How long will it take to have my carport delivered & installed?
It should be installed within 4 weeks from when you place your order. (may change during winter months, call for details)
What size do I need for my concrete pad?
Concrete Slab should be 12’3″ x 20’3″ with a slope finished for water runoff
What does your leg height start at?
They start at a 5’ leg & can go higher, anything over 12’ is considered custom.
Do I need a permit?
You would need to contact your township & work with them, all townships vary. But we do send over the documents needed if a permit is required.
Can we get a two tone colored building, & would there be an additional charge?
Yes, you can get a two tone building & at no additional cost for horizontal sides. Vertical sides, there is an additional charge.
How long will it take to have my carport assembled?
Depends on your building, 2 hours – 2 days. For rule of thumb, 1 hour for every $1,000 in value.
What will the framing of my building sit at?
It would be the listed width & 1’ shorter than the listed length, due to 6 inch overhang on each end.
Why go with vertical roof panels vs horizontal roof panels?
There would be less maintenance needed due to the fact that the snow, water, etc. would slide right off with vertical roof panels.
What payment methods are accepted?
Personal checks, cashier’s checks, money orders, all major credit cards. All credit cards come with a 1.5% surcharge.
WHAT ROOF STYLE IS BEST FOR ME?
Standard Roof – Good
Standard or known as “Regular” roof style have rounded corners. The regular roof has no trim on your eaves, ridge cap, nor purlins (hat channel) making it cost effective option. Standard roofs are best used in areas that experience fair weather year round.
A-Frame Horizontal Roof – Better
A-Frame Horizontal roofs give your structure a residential look. The sheet panels run from side to side and does not have purlins or ridge cap. The increase in price to upgrade to A-Frame Horizontal is the additional welding needed on your trusses (bows). An excellent option to keep your residential look for residential areas for a minimum upgrade costs.
A-Frame Vertical Roof – Best
Known as the best choice for areas that experience extreme weather conditions, the vertical roof style is hands down the best choice for Michigan weather. The roof panels run from the pitch to the eaves causing heavy snows, rain, and natural elements to slide off the roof easily. In order to tie down the panels to the structure, we must add purlins or hat channels lengthwise making the structure more rigid. The finished look with special trim all around the roof and ridge cap makes this roof style the best option.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 14 AND 12 GAUGE?
The smaller the number, the thicker and stronger the material. We offer two different options to choose from and both are certified.
- Heavy Duty Option – High Tensile Strength
- Best for heavy snow loads and high winds
- 20 Year Warranty on Rust Through of Frame
- 2 -1/4″ x 2 -1/4″ in diameter
- Economical Option
- 7 Year Warranty on Rust Through of Frame
- Industry Standard
- 2 -1/2″ x 2 -1/2″ in diameter
WHAT SIZE DO YOU RECOMMEND?
Note: This is only an estimation. It is customer’s duty to measure what size best fits their needs.
Selecting the right width for you carport will depend on what you are using your building for. We carry widths from 12 – 60 wide. See our guideline below for our recommendations
- 12 Wide – Single Car, Truck, SUV, RV
- 18 Wide – 2 compact cars
- 20 Wide – 2 sedan size cars
- 22 Wide – 2 full size cars, trucks, or SUVs
- 24 Wide – 2 oversize trucks or SUVs. Open doors with ease.
- 30 Wide – 3 Trucks or SUVs
Your length will vary based on your needs. Our standard lengths start at 21′ and increment every 5′. Just remember, the frame is 1′ foot shorter due to 6″ overhang on each end. For example, if you buy a 12x21 carport, your frame will be 12x20.
- 21 Long – Compact Cars and Traditional Pickups. The average lengths of pickup trucks is 17 ft.
- 26 Long – Class 3 Type Trucks i.e F-350, Fishing boats
- 31 Long – Most Class C Motorhomes
- 36 Long – Most Fifth Wheelers, Pop Up Campers
- 41 + Long – Most Class A Motorhomes
The height or also known as “eaves” is where the sidewall meets the truss (bow). We carry a standard 4/12 pitch on our standard structures. Click here to learn more about your roof pitch. Oh! If you plan to enclose your metal carport in the future, make sure to select a leg height 6′ or above. No garage door fits in a 5′ leg height.
- 5′ Height – Simple carport. Will not fit garage doors
- 6′ -7′ Height – Perfect height for sheds to store tools, lawnmowers etc
- 8′ -9′ Height – Cars, Trucks, SUVs. Majority of garage doors fit in this height
- 10-11′ Height – Workshops, Garages, and some Motorhomes
- 12+ – RVs, Motorhomes, Semi-trucks